Knife Care Tips
Even though modern steel is a high-quality material, it’s not a stranger to corrosion.
Maintenance is essential in order to keep your knives in proper shape and have them perform to their fullest potential. This page will provide you with some do’s and don’ts when it comes to looking after your USGladius knife.
1) Sharpen your knife regularly. A dull blade can be more dangerous than a properly maintained one.
2) Keep your knife clean. Dirt particles and debris can scratch the blade’s surface. Use non-abrasive knife cleaning products when cleaning your knife.
3) Watch out for rust. If not properly maintained, even stainless steel can rust. Stainless steel blades and other components minimize (but do not eliminate) the weathering effects of liquids and oxidation, which precedes rust. Keep an eye out for any signs of discoloration to avoid rust.
4) Keep your knife dry, unless you are cleaning it or using it for diving purposes. After each dive, make sure to rinse your knife and sheath in fresh water.
1) Don’t try to pry things open, turn screws, or dig at hard surfaces. The tip of the knife is usually the weakest part, so this can cause it to chip.
2) Don’t leave your knife in the sun. High temperatures and drastic temperature changes can damage both the handle and the blade itself.
3) Don’t use your knife as a hammer or a chisel. This could damage the blade or the sheath.
Keeping your USGladius knife sharp and clean will help its performance, keep you and others safe, and maintain its original condition for a longer period of time. If you are not able to sharpen your knife yourself, seek out professional knife maintenance solutions.
For more information on knife care visit: Knife Center